Jump to Main Content
- Birrer, Simon; Spiess, Martin; Herzog, Felix; Jenny, Markus; Kohli, Lukas; Lugrin, Bernard
- Journal für Ornithologie 2007 v.148 no.2 pp. 295-303
- Emberiza; Lanius collurio; Muscicapidae; Sylvia communis; agroecosystems; birds; breeding; endangered species; environmental quality; farmers; indicator species; landscapes; lowlands; orchards; population density; population growth; protected species; regression analysis; species diversity; subsidies; Switzerland
- ... Agricultural production is intensive in the Swiss lowlands, where about half of farmland bird species are on the Red List. A nationwide agri-environment scheme was launched in 1993 to improve biodiversity on farmland. To qualify for subsidies, farmers have to use at least 7% of their farmland as ecological compensation areas (ECAs). We evaluated the effect of the ECAs on three levels. The national ...
- Huabin Zhang; Yuze Bai; Xuejia Shi; Linxia Sun; Zhengfei Wang; Xiaobing Wu
- Genes & genomics 2018 v.40 no.2 pp. 151-165
- Carduelis; Emberiza; Muscicapidae; Paridae; birds; genes; mitochondrial DNA; mitochondrial genome; monophyly; paraphyly; ribosomal RNA; transfer RNA
- ... Passeriformes is the largest group within aves and the phylogenetic relationships between Passeriformes have caused major disagreement in ornithology. Particularly, the phylogenetic relationships between muscicapoidea and sylvioidea are complex, and their taxonomic boundaries have not been clearly defined. Our aim was to study the status of two bird species: Tarsiger cyanurus and Phoenicurus auror ...