Jump to Main Content
- Wester, David B.; Dahl, Bill E.; Cotter, Paul F.
- Agronomy journal 1986 v.78 no.5 pp. 851-855
- Eragrostis curvula; Panicum coloratum; seedling emergence; seed germination; rangelands; sowing; rain; dynamics; laboratory techniques; Texas
- ... Range seeding is a common improvement practice for revegetating abandoned cultivated land or following mechanical brush control. However, seeding failure is frequent because of unfavorable moisture and temperature conditions. The objective of this research was to study weeping lovegrass (Eragrostis curvula) and Kleingrass (Panicum coloratum) seedling emergence and survival in response to 16 differ ...
- Overman, A. R.; Sanderson, M. A.; Jones, R. M.
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 541-545
- interspecific variation; cultivars; mathematical models; forage crops; Panicum coloratum; application rate; soil water content; Cynodon dactylon; arid zones; dry matter accumulation; crop yield; rain; growth models; Eragrostis curvula; Cenchrus ciliaris; nitrogen fertilizers; Texas
- ... Models provide a quantitative means to evaluate yield response of forage grasses to applied N and water availability. The objective of this analysis was to estimate model parameters (A, b, c) for bermu. dagrasses and bunchgrasses grown at the same location and during the same time period. The logistic equation was used to relate annual dry matter production to applied N for three bermudagrasses [C ...