Jump to Main Content
- Zeng, Run-Ying, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2016 v.64 no.38 pp. 7251-7258
- Escherichia coli; Flammeovirga; acid tolerance; amino acids; bacteria; beta-agarase; functional foods; genes; glycosides; industry; pH; temperature; thermal stability
- ... A novel gene (aga4436), encoding a potential agarase of 456 amino acids, was identified in the genome of deep-sea bacterium Flammeovirga sp. OC4. Aga4436 belongs to the glycoside hydrolase 16 β-agarase family. Aga4436 was expressed in Escherichia coli as a fusion protein and purified. Recombinant Aga4436 showed an optimum agarase activity at 50–55 °C and pH 6.5, with a wide active range of tempera ...
- Zeng, Run-ying, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Marine biotechnology 2008 v.10 no.5 pp. 612-621
- Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas; calcium; chromatography; genes; molecular cloning; molecular weight; nucleotide sequences; pH; psychrotrophic bacteria; sediments; serine; temperature; triacylglycerol lipase; triacylglycerols; tributyrin; Antarctic region
- ... A psychrotrophic bacterium producing a cold-adapted lipase was isolated from the deep-sea sediment of Prydz Bay, Antarctic and identified as a Pseudomonas strain. Determination of the nucleotide sequence of the gene encoding a lipase from Pseudomonas sp. 7323 (lipA) revealed that LipA is composed of 617 amino acid residues with a calculated molecular weight of 64,466 Da. LipA has a GXSXG motif, wh ...