Jump to Main Content
- Bulman, Zackery P., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- International journal of antimicrobial agents 2017 v.49 no.1 pp. 25-30
- Escherichia coli; Gram-negative bacteria; anti-infective agents; antibacterial properties; beta-lactamase; inoculum; microbial growth; multiple drug resistance; pathogens; pharmaceutical industry; pharmacodynamics; plate count; regrowth; simulation models; urinary tract diseases
- ... The proliferation of multidrug-resistant Gram-negative pathogens has been exacerbated by a lack of novel agents in current development by pharmaceutical companies. Ceftolozane/tazobactam was recently approved by the FDA for the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections and complicated urinary tract infections. In the present study, the activity of ceftolozane/tazobactam against four isog ...
- Bulman, Zackery, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2011 v.138 no.3 pp. 788-797
- Apoidea; Chromobacterium violaceum; Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; absorption; antibiotics; bacteria; bioassays; biosensors; harvesting; monitoring; pathogens; propolis; quorum sensing; therapeutics
- ... ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE: An alternative approach to antibiotics is the development of anti-pathogenic agents to control the bacterial virulome. Such anti-pathogenic agents could target a phenomena known as quorum sensing (QS). MATERIALS AND METHODS: Six bacterial N-acyl-homoserine lactone (AHL)-dependent bioreporter strains were used to evaluate if bee hive glue also known as propolis conta ...