Jump to Main Content
- Yemiş, Gökçe Polat; Candoğan, Kezban
- Food science and biotechnology 2017 v.26 no.4 pp. 1113-1121
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Escherichia coli O157; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; bacteria; beef; coatings; cold storage; color; edible films; essential oils; meat cuts; oregano; sensory properties; soy protein; thyme; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Inhibitory effects of soy-protein edible coatings incorporated with 1, 2, or 3% of thyme or oregano essential oils (EOs) were determined against Escherichia coli O157:H7 (EC), Listeria monocytogenes (LM), and Staphylococcus aureus (SA) in vitro and on fresh beef during refrigerated storage for 14 days. The soy-protein coatings with oregano and thyme EOs exhibited similar antimicrobial activity aga ...
- PubMed Central:
- Almand, Erin A.; Goulter, Rebecca M.; Jaykus, Lee-Ann
- Journal of microbiological methods 2016 v.128 pp. 88-95
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Escherichia coli O157; Norovirus; Salmonella Enteritidis; Staphylococcus aureus; bacteria; bacterial proteins; blood proteins; food pathogens; gene amplification; humans; ligands; lipopolysaccharides; magnetism; microbial detection; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; virus-like particles; viruses; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The need for improved pathogen separation and concentration methods to reduce time-to-detection for foodborne pathogens is well recognized. Apolipoprotein H (ApoH) is an acute phase human plasma protein that has been previously shown to interact with viruses, lipopolysaccharides (LPS) and bacterial proteins. The purpose of this study was to determine if ApoH was capable of binding and efficiently ...
- Chorus Open Access: