Jump to Main Content
- Evrendilek, G.A.; Yeom, H.W.; Jin, Z.T.; Zhang, Q.H.
- Journal of food process engineering 2004 v.27 no.3 pp. 197-212
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; mouthfeel; shelf life; food packaging; taste sensitivity; heat treatment; strawberries; sensory evaluation; texture; food storage; pulsed electric fields; flavored milk; food acceptability; brix; food processing quality; packaging materials; yeasts; appearance (quality); storage time; plate count; flavor; refrigeration; yogurt; temperature; molds (fungi); Salmonella; pH; color; nonthermal processing; polymers; Escherichia coli O157; fruit syrups; Show all 32 Subjects
- Johannessen, G.S.; Froseth, R.B.; Solemdal, L.; Jarp, J.; Wasteson, Y.; Rorvik, L.M.
- Journal of applied microbiology 2004 v.96 no.4 pp. 787-794
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Escherichia coli O157; Lactuca sativa var. capitata; Salmonella; cattle manure; coliform bacteria; composts; field experimentation; heat tolerance; lettuce; plate count; risk; seedlings; soil; soil sampling; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Aim: To investigate the bacteriological quality, and the occurrence of selected pathogenic bacteria from organically grown Iceberg lettuce fertilized with bovine manure in the form of compost, firm manure and slurry in a 2-year field trial. Methods and Results: Samples of soil, fertilizer, fertilized soil, seedlings and lettuce were analysed for aerobic plate counts (APC), thermotolerant coliform ...
- Gomez-Aldapa, Carlos A.; Rangel-Vargas, Esmeralda; Torres-Vitela, Ma Rufugio; Villarruel-Lopez, Angelica; Acevedo-Sandoval, Otilio A.; Gordiollo-Martinez, Alberto J.; Godinez-Oviedo, Angelica; Castro-Rosas, Javier
- Journal of food protection 2018 v.81 no.2 pp. 209-217
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Coriandrum sativum; Escherichia coli O157; Hibiscus sabdariffa; Salmonella; Shigella flexneri; Staphylococcus aureus; Vibrio cholerae O1; acetic acid; acetone; agar; analysis of variance; antibacterial properties; bacteria; calyx; cilantro; disease outbreaks; disinfection; ethyl acetate; food pathogens; foodborne illness; leaves; methanol; microbial contamination; pathotypes; peptones; plate count; romaine lettuce; sanitizers; serotypes; silver; sodium hypochlorite; spinach; tap water; Show all 34 Subjects
- ... Leafy greens have been associated with foodborne disease outbreaks in different countries. To decrease microbial contamination of leafy greens, chemical agents are commonly used; however, a number of studies have shown these agents to have limited antimicrobial effect against pathogenic bacteria on vegetables. The objective of this study was to compare the antibacterial effect of Hibiscus sabdarif ...