Jump to Main Content
- Fasano, Evelina, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food control 2016 v.59 pp. 581-590
- European Union; animals; breads; cheeses; chorizo; condiments; garlic; humus; molecular weight; paprika; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; pork; risk; smoked sausage
- ... The purpose of this study was to evaluate the concentration of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH8 plus fluoranthene and pyrene) in “Pan de Cea” bread, “Pimentón de La Vera” paprika, “San Simón da Costa”, “Idiazábal” and “Humus” cheeses, and “Chorizo” garlic pork sausage. Results obtained showed that harmless low molecular weight compounds (Fluoranthene and Pyrene) represented the major contrib ...
- Fasano, Evelina, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food control 2012 v.27 no.1 pp. 132-138
- European Union; acetic acid; additives; bags; bisphenol A; bottles; breads; cans; dishes; ethanol; food packaging; human health; infants; marmalades; packaging; paperboard; phthalates; plasticizers; polystyrenes; propane; risk; solid phase extraction; teats; tuna oil; ultrasonics; wines; yogurt
- ... The migration of plastic components or additives from packaging to food can produce a risk for human health, in fact many of these plasticizers and additives are “Endocrine Distruptors”, such as phthalates (PAEs), alkylphenols (APs), 2,2-bis(4-hydroxyphenyl)propane (bisphenol A or BPA) and di(2-ethylhexyl)adipate (DEHA). The evaluation of some PAEs, some APs, BPA and DEHA levels in common food pac ...