Jump to Main Content
- Estell, Rick E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biochemical systematics and ecology 2013 v.48 pp. 144
- Flourensia; canopy; gas chromatography; leaves; mass spectrometry; models; monoterpenoids; sesquiterpenoids; shrubs; volatile compounds
- ... We are using Flourensia cernua as a shrub model to study how terpenes affect livestock herbivory. Two experiments were conducted to examine distribution of volatile chemicals within a plant in an effort to minimize sample variability. In Experiment 1, leaves (current year's growth) were collected from 20 tarbush plants. Two leaders were sampled from each of three positions (outer canopy, subcanopy ...
- Estell, Rick E., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Open Agriculture Journal 2011 v.5 pp. 1
- Atriplex canescens; Flourensia; Sphaeralcea; Sporobolus; animals; branches; diet; forbs; grasses; leaves; pH; principal component analysis; shrubs; spectroscopy
- ... Photoluminescence spectroscopic probes offer the potential for real-time measurements of animal diet composition. Spectral emission signatures (excitation at 365 nm) from three different pH (2.2, 7.5 and 12.5) phosphate buffered saline (PBS) extracts from two grasses, Sporobolus flexuosus (Thurb. ex Vasey) Rydb., [mesa dropseed], and Pleuraphis mutica Buckley [tobosa], two forbs, Dimorphocarpa wis ...