Jump to Main Content
- Fabiyi, James S., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 57-64
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; color; colorimetry; lignin; oxidation; poly(vinyl chloride); scanning electron microscopy; weathering; wood; wood plastic composites
- ... This study investigated weathering effects on polyvinyl chloride (PVC) based wood plastic composites (WPC), with a focus on the color and structure that is attributed to the material composition. It is directed towards quantifying the main chemical modifications, such as carbonyl and vinyl groups which are formed during weathering. These composites were subjected to three weathering regimes: exter ...
- Fabiyi, James S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Composites 2011 v.42 no.5 pp. 501-510
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Pinus ponderosa; Pseudotsuga menziesii; Quercus alba; Robinia pseudoacacia; cell walls; cellulose; chitin; decay resistance; decayed wood; dimensional stability; durability; fungi; hemicellulose; lignin; sorption; weight loss; wood plastic composites
- ... Moisture sorption and decay resistance of HDPE based wood plastic composites (WPC) made from poplar, Douglas-fir, black locust, white oak, and ponderosa pine were investigated. Dimensional stability of WPC made from poplar was poor while black locust performed extremely well. There were no significant gravimetric differences in composites produced using Douglas-fir, poplar, or pine exposed to Gloe ...