Jump to Main Content
- Gao, Sha, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.219 pp. 130-139
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; biomass; carbon; chitosan; crosslinking; energy; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; gels; glucose; granules; hydrogen bonding; hydroxylamine; iron; lignin; mechanical properties; microorganisms; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polyvinyl alcohol; scanning electron microscopes; scanning electron microscopy; sludge; stable isotopes; upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactor; wastewater treatment; water pollution
- ... Biomass washout from high-speed anaerobic suspended bed bio-reactors is still a challenge to their stable operation. Preserving active biomass to efficiently retain biomass in the reactor is one of the solutions to this problem. Herein, two carriers (polyvinyl alcohol/chitosan (PVA/CS) and PVA/CS/Fe gel beads) were prepared using the cross-linking method. The fourier transform infrared (FTIR) and ...
- Gao, Sha, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Current microbiology 2018 v.75 no.9 pp. 1156-1164
- 4-hydroxybenzoic acid; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Sphingobacterium; biodegradation; biofuels; carbon dioxide; chemical oxygen demand; enzyme activity; ethanol; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; guaiacol; high performance liquid chromatography; lignin; metabolites; oxalic acid; oxidation; p-coumaric acid; propionic acid; syringic acid; tricarboxylic acid cycle; vanillic acid
- ... Many bacterial strains have been demonstrated to biodegrade lignin for contaminant removal or resource regeneration. The goal of this study was to investigate the biodegradation amount and associated pathways of three lignin monomers, vanillic, p-coumaric, and syringic acid by strain Sphingobacterium sp. HY-H. Vanillic, p-coumaric, and syringic acid degradation with strain HY-H was estimated as 88 ...