Jump to Main Content
- Pons-Branchu, Edwige, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.518-519 pp. 86-96
- aluminum; anthropogenic activities; cadmium; carbonates; coal; copper; fertilizers; gasoline; groundwater; heavy metals; isotopes; lead; manganese; orchards; urbanization; vineyards; wastes; water pollution; France
- ... The first record of urban speleothems used to reconstruct the history of heavy metal pollution of shallow groundwaters is presented. Two speleothems grew during the last 300years in an underground aqueduct in the north-eastern part of Paris. They display high Pb, Mn V, Cu, Cd and Al concentrations since 1900 due to the urbanization of the site which triggered anthropogenic contamination of the wat ...
- Pons-Branchu, Edwige, et al. Show all 25 Authors
- Quaternary international 2017 v.432 pp. 5-24
- anthropology; charcoal; fauna; floors; humans; karsts; paleontology; rockfalls; France
- ... In this article, we present a first synthesis of the chronology of Cussac Cave (Dordogne, SW France). This deep cavern (1.6 km), discovered in 2000, is very well preserved (e.g. intact floors) and thus favorable to research, especially given its rare association of parietal art and human remains, deposited in at least three locations. The scientific team working since 2009 presents here a first di ...