Jump to Main Content
- Meyer, Peter, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biodiversity and conservation 2014 v.23 no.14 pp. 3519-3542
- biodiversity; forest reserves; forests; habitats; politics; Central European region; Germany
- ... A major goal of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) is to improve the protection of biodiversity. One approach to meet this goal is the implementation of strictly protected forest reserves (SPFRs). Many countries have adopted this approach and set target values for SPFRs, for example Germany aims to set aside 5 % of the forest area by 2020 (BMU, Strategie zur Biologischen Vielfalt, 2007). ...
- Meyer, Peter
- Forstwissenschaftliches Centralblatt 1999 v.118 no.1-6 pp. 167-180
- dead wood; forest inventory; forest reserves; forests; habitats; monitoring; mortality; time series analysis; tree mortality; Germany
- ... Results and methodology of deadwood assessment in 7 forest reserves in Lower Saxony are presented and suggestions for a deadwood concept in managed forests are derived. The results are based on time series data of approximately 1 ha core areas in unmanaged forest reserves. The monitoring period comprises 19 to 25 years. For the third inventory the methodology was changed considerably in order to o ...