Jump to Main Content
- van de Weyer, Klaus, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Limnologica 2015 v.51 pp. 53-62
- Phalaris arundinacea; alkalinity; alluvial plains; cryptogams; environmental factors; interspecific variation; landscapes; lowlands; macrophytes; models; species diversity; streams; surveys; vegetation; Germany
- ... In the present study, we present a synopsis of two macrophyte surveys of physiographic units in northwest Germany carried out over one decade. Data were used to test a set of hypotheses on macrophyte distribution at the regional level. Rank–frequency curves resembled the broken stick model. Twenty-one species of the 59 most frequent species occurred at high frequencies above 15%. Helophytes made u ...
- Van de Weyer, Klaus, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Restoration ecology 2010 v.18Suppls2 pp. 452-461
- Characeae; biomass; eutrophication; fish; habitats; herbivores; lakes; macrophytes; meadows; periphyton; phosphorus; plant communities; sediments; shade; species diversity; turbidity; Germany
- ... Eutrophication of two urban temperate dimictic lakes in Berlin (Germany), smaller Schlachtensee (0.4 km²) and larger Lake Tegel (3 km²), caused total phosphorus (TP) concentrations up to 800 μg/L and a complete loss of their diverse submerged vegetation in the 1960s due to poor light conditions. Phosphorus stripping of their inflow began in the 1980s and caused a pronounced decline of their epilim ...