Jump to Main Content
- Becher, A.M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2018 v.259 pp. 6-12
- Internet; anthelmintics; experts; fecal egg count; foals; laws and regulations; parasites; questionnaires; surveys; Austria; Denmark; Germany; Netherlands; United States
- ... Experts recommend a change in the control of equine parasites across the world in order to adopt a surveillance-based approach utilizing parasite faecal egg counts (FEC). Several European countries have implemented prescription-only restrictions of anthelmintic usage by law, which is in stark contrast to US, where all anthelmintic products continue to be available over the counter. This study aime ...
- Becher, A.M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2010 v.171 no.1-2 pp. 116-122
- horses; horse diseases; Strongylidae; pyrantel; ivermectin; moxidectin; drug therapy; ova; nematode infections; disease prevalence; epidemiological studies; Austria; Germany
- ... For 9 consecutive months (March-November 2008), faecal samples were collected monthly from 129 horses residing within 40km of Salzburg, Austria. Samples were analysed quantitatively using a modified McMaster egg counting technique. Whenever a faecal egg count (FEC) result exceeded 250eggs per gram (EPG), the horse was treated with pyrantel, ivermectin or moxidectin. In 52 of 129 horses (40.3%), no ...