Jump to Main Content
- Mitchell, Trevor R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biological control 2012 v.62 no.1 pp. 1
- Bacillus mojavensis; Bacillus subtilis; Gibberella fujikuroi; antifungal properties; biological control; corn; deserts; endophytes; fungal antagonists; genetic variation; genotype; isomers; nucleotide sequences; plant pathogenic fungi; polymerase chain reaction; screening; surfactants; toxigenic strains
- ... Bacillus subtilis consists of a large collection of strains from which several cryptic species have been delineated, and most of these along with strains within the species are important biocontrol agents. Bacillus mojavensis, a species recently distinguished from this broad B. subtilis group of bacteria, was determined to be endophytic and to have biocontrol potential due to its inhibition of the ...
- Mitchell, Trevor R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2014 v.62 pp. 2118-2125
- Gibberella fujikuroi; Zea mays; blight; corn; fumonisin B1; fungal diseases of plants; leaves; mutants; roots; seedlings; soil sampling
- ... Fusarium verticillioides produces fumonisin mycotoxins during the colonization of maize, and fumonisin B1 (FB1) production is necessary for manifestation of maize seedling blight disease. The objective of this study was to address FB1 mobility and accumulation in seedlings to determine if proximal infection by F. verticillioides is necessary for FB1 accumulation. Taking advantage of an aconidial m ...
- 10.1021/jf5001106 1