Jump to Main Content
- Ijaz, Babar, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Euphytica 2018 v.214 no.9 pp. 167
- Gossypium hirsutum; backcrossing; biomass production; chromosome mapping; epistasis; field experimentation; genes; genetic improvement; harvest index; heterosis; inbred lines; loci; overdominance; phenotypic variation; phytomass; plant breeding; plant height; quantitative trait loci
- ... Plant height determines plant biomass yield, harvest index and economic yield. We analyzed quantitative trait loci (QTL) and gene action controlling plant height. We generated the maternal and paternal testcrossing (TC/M and TC/P) populations based on a recombinant inbred line population. Data for plant height at t1, t2, t3, t4 or t5 stages were collected over 2 years from 3 TC/M field trials and ...
- Ijaz, Babar, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2017 v.218 pp. 222-234
- Gossypium hirsutum; cold tolerance; cold treatment; cotton; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; leaves; lipid content; messenger RNA; onions; protein content; roots; salinity; salt stress; seed oils; start codon; stems; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transgenic plants
- ... A homologous GhDof1, which belongs to a large family of plant-specific transcription factor DOF, was isolated from Upland cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.). GhDof1 protein was located in the nucleus of onion epidermal cells, the core domain of transcriptional activity existed in the C-terminal, and the activity elements of GhDof1 promoter existed in the regions of −645∼ −469bp and −286∼ −132bp of tra ...