Jump to Main Content
- Soheili, Vahid, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Physiology and molecular biology of plants 2019 v.25 no.4 pp. 1083-1089
- Bacillus cereus; Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; Salvia; antibacterial properties; breasts; cytotoxicity; inhibitory concentration 50; methylene chloride; neoplasm cells; petroleum; roots; yeasts; Iran
- ... Salvia, a member of the Lamiaceae family, represents more than 58 species in Iran. In the present study, antibacterial and cytotoxic activity of extracts obtained from the roots of Salvia tebesana and Salvia sclareopsis were investigated. The antibacterial activity of the extracts was investigated against 4 bacterial strains and yeast using serial dilution method. The petroleum ether and CH₂Cl₂ ex ...
- PubMed Central:
- Soheili, Vahid, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food measurement & characterization 2018 v.12 no.1 pp. 356-361
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Bacillus cereus; Bacillus subtilis; Bixa orellana; Gram-positive bacteria; Listeria monocytogenes; Staphylococcus aureus; Staphylococcus epidermidis; Streptococcus pyogenes; additives; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; behavior change; beta-carotene; bleaching; children; color; food matrix; food safety; foods; inhibitory concentration 50; lipids; lutein; palatability; paprika; preservatives
- ... There has been increasing interest in the food safety, due to growing evidence for several health detriments of chemical additives including preservatives and colors. Since it has already been proven that consumption of chemical colors is associated with complications such as behavior change in children, it is important to evaluate plant pigments as new food colors. In addition to the palatability ...
- Soheili, Vahid, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2014 v.58 pp. 315-321
- Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; Nepeta; Staphylococcus aureus; adenocarcinoma; aerial parts; animal ovaries; antibacterial properties; chemical composition; cytotoxicity; essential oils; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; germacrene; human cell lines; humans; inhibitory concentration 50; minimum inhibitory concentration; oils; ovarian neoplasms; spathulenol; tetrazolium
- ... Chemical composition, antibacterial activity, and cytotoxicity of essential oil (EO) obtained from the aerial parts of Nepeta ucrainica L. spp. kopetdaghensis was investigated in the present study. Chemical composition of the EO was analyzed using GC–MS method. Sixty compounds representing 98.7% of the total oil were characterized. The oil was predominated by sesquiterpene hydrocarbons, and the ma ...