Jump to Main Content
- Hildreth, Michael B., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2014 v.201 no.1-2 pp. 75-81
- Chrysothamnus viscidiflorus; Ericameria nauseosa; Geranium; Haemonchus contortus; Liatris punctata; Lotus corniculatus; Melilotus albus; Melilotus officinalis; Perideridia; Rhus aromatica; Sanguinaria canadensis; anthelmintics; dimethyl sulfoxide; dose response; eggs; gastrointestinal nematodes; larvae; medicinal plants; methanol; plant extracts; screening; Great Plains region; United States
- ... An egg hatch assay (EHA) and a larval migration assay (LMA) involving Haemonchus contortus was used to evaluate the anthelmintic activity of methanol extracts from 40 plants that are native or naturalized within the U.S.A. Northern Great Plains. Only one of these 40 plants (i.e. Lotus corniculatus) had been previously evaluated for activity against any gastrointestinal nematode. The various extrac ...
- Hildreth, Michael B., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of medical entomology 2011 v.48 no.3 pp. 669-679
- Aedes vexans; Culex tarsalis; West Nile virus; adults; autocorrelation; data collection; grasses; hay; host seeking; irrigation; land cover; light traps; rain; temperature; vector control; weather stations; wetlands; Great Plains region; South Dakota
- ... This study compared the spatial and temporal patterns of Culex tarsalis Coquillett and Aedes vexans Meigen populations and examined their relationships with land cover types and climatic variability in Sioux Falls, SD. Between 24 and 30 CDC CO2-baited light traps were set annually in Sioux Falls from May to September 2005–2008. Land cover data were acquired from the 2001 National Land Cover Datase ...
- PubMed Central: