Jump to Main Content
- Myronidis, Dimitrios, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Water resources management 2012 v.26 no.15 pp. 4587-4605
- correlation; drought; lakes; models; Greece
- ... During the last decades, a progressive decrease of water level in shallow Mediterranean lakes was recorded. This contribution tried to identify whether the rapid decrease of the Lake Doiran (N. Greece) water level was associated with drought phenomena. Drought characteristics over the study area were revealed by employing the Standardized Precipitation Index (SPI) in different time scales. Negativ ...
- Myronidis, Dimitrios I., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental modeling and assessment 2010 v.15 no.4 pp. 239-250
- Universal Soil Loss Equation; basins; control methods; ecosystems; erosion control; forests; geographic information systems; planning; soil; soil erosion; soil treatment; wildfires; Greece
- ... Wildland fires are one of the more severe disturbances for natural ecosystems in the Mediterranean basin and can become a critical factor in the process of soil erosion. A quantitative assessment of soil erosion is needed in order to form an assessment on the extent and magnitude of post-fire soil erosion potential and to assess the effectiveness of the rehabilitation treatment. On 21 August 2006, ...