Jump to Main Content
- Tsuda, Yoshimi, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Vector borne and zoonotic diseases 2019 v.19 no.11 pp. 859-866
- Bandicota bengalensis; Hantaan orthohantavirus; Mus; Puumala orthohantavirus; Rattus rattus; Seoul orthohantavirus; antibodies; antigens; etiology; fluorescent antibody technique; genes; hosts; kidney diseases; mitochondria; nucleocapsid proteins; patients; prototypes; rats; seroprevalence; species identification; viruses; Sri Lanka
- ... We have reported high seroprevalence to Thailand orthohantavirus (THAIV) or THAIV-related orthohantavirus (TRHV) among patients with chronic kidney disease of unknown etiology in Girandurukotte, Sri Lanka. THAIV or TRHV infection is considered to be transmitted by rodent hosts in this area, but its reservoir rodents have not yet been identified. Hence, 116 rodents were captured, and seroprevalence ...
- Tsuda, Yoshimi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Virology journal 2017 v.14 no.1 pp. 13
- genome; blood; body weight changes; adults; clones; amino acids; viruses; patients; pathogenesis; glycoproteins; females; sequence analysis; fur; serotypes; mice; pathogenicity; neutralizing antibodies; kidneys; Hantaan orthohantavirus; inoculum; intravenous injection; hemorrhage; viral proteins; animal models; RNA; fever
- ... BACKGROUND: Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) caused by hantavirus infection is characterized by fever, renal dysfunction and hemorrhage. An animal model mimicking symptoms of HFRS remains to be established. In this study, we evaluated the pathogenicity of an HFRS patient-derived Hantaan virus (HTNV) in adult mice. METHODS: Five clones of HTNV strain KHF 83-61 BL (KHFV) that was derived ...
- PubMed Central: