Jump to Main Content
- Berner, Theodore O.; Grubb, Thomas C., Jr.
- Ecology 1985 v.66 no.4 pp. 1229-1236
- Helianthus annuus, etc ; flocks; foraging; models; predation; predators; prediction; seeds; suet; winter; woodlands; woodpeckers; Ohio; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Two general models have been developed concerning the adaptive advantage of participating in mixed—species foraging groups. One model emphasizes the increased feeding efficiency to be obtained in heterospecific groups, while the other model advances the antipredator advantages of participation in such species complexes. From these models, two conflicting predictions were made about the consequence ...
- Hara, T.
- Annals of botany 1986 v.57 no.1 pp. 55-68
- Helianthus annuus, etc ; weight; photosynthesis; stand structure; leaf area index; canopy; simulation models; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Relationships between individual plant weight and net photosynthesis per day (G(t, x) function of plant weight) in plant populations of various stand structures were simulated based on a canopy photosynthesis model. The G(t, x) functions of plant weight are determined mainly by LAI (leaf area index), the relationship between individual plant weight and leaf area, canopy structure and extinction co ...