Jump to Main Content
- Brickner, A.E., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2009 v.92 no.7 pp. 3081-3090
- dairy cows; cow feeding; pregnancy rate; diet; anovulation; energy intake; lactation; female fertility; Holstein; dairy herd management; animal age
- ... Days dry may influence reproductive measures such as days to first postpartum ovulation, days open, and pregnancy per artificial insemination (AI). Holstein cows (n = 781) from an approximately 3,000-cow commercial dairy operation were randomly assigned to 1 of 2 treatments with different targeted dry period (DP) lengths. Treatments were 1) a traditional DP of 55 d (T) or 2) a shortened DP of 34 d ...
- Brickner, A.E., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2008 v.91 no.4 pp. 1378-1390
- abomasum; linseed oil; glucose; insulin; Holstein; dairy cows; cow feeding; free fatty acids; tallow; omega-3 fatty acids; lipemic effect; nutrition physiology; nutrition research; ruminant nutrition
- ... The objective was to study the effects of abomasal infusion of linseed oil, a source rich in n-3 C18:3, on whole-body response to insulin (experiment 1) and on insulin antilipolytic effects during feed restriction (experiment 2). In experiment 1, eight nonlactating, non-gestating cows were assigned to a crossover design, fed to meet maintenance requirements, and infused abomasally with either lins ...