Jump to Main Content
- Du, Juan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.511 no.4 pp. 910-915
- CD4-positive T-lymphocytes; HIV infections; Human immunodeficiency virus 1; antiviral agents; cell cycle checkpoints; mutants; proteasome endopeptidase complex; proteolysis; ubiquitin-protein ligase; virus replication
- ... Interaction between HIV-1 Vif and host factor CBFβ leads to the assembly of the Vif-Cul5-EloB/C ubiquitin ligase (E3 complex). By inducing the formation of E3 complex, Vif depletes host APOBEC3 restriction factors and promotes HIV-1 infection. In addition, Vif is known to arrest host cells at G2/M phase (G2 arrest), benefiting HIV-1 replication and contributing to the depletion of CD4⁺ T cells. Ho ...
- Du, Juan, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Virology journal 2018 v.15 no.1 pp. 172
- Human immunodeficiency virus 1; Influenza A virus; Primate T-lymphotropic virus 1; RNA; acetyltransferases; antiviral agents; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; histones; human health; pathogens; progeny; signal transduction; viral load; viral proteins; virus replication
- ... Influenza A virus (IAV) is an important pathogen that poses a severe threat to the health of humans. Nucleoprotein (NP) of IAV plays crucial roles in the viral life cycle by interacting with various cellular factors. Histone Acetyl Transferase TIP60 is a key target of several viral proteins during infection, including HIV-1 Tat, HPV E6, HTLV-1 p30ᴵᴵ and HCMV UL27 proteins. However, Whether the int ...
- PubMed Central:
- Du, Juan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2016 v.470 pp. 690-696
- Human immunodeficiency virus 1; Human immunodeficiency virus 2; chickens; humans; proteins; ubiquitin-protein ligase; viruses
- ... Primate SAMHD1 proteins are potent inhibitors of viruses, including retroviruses such as HIV-1, HIV-2, and SIV. Vpx, a distinctive viral protein expressed by HIV-2 and some SIVs, induces SAMHD1 degradation by forming a Vpx-DCAF1-based ubiquitin ligase complex. Either the N- or the C-terminus of SAMHD1 is critical for Vpx-induced degradation, depending on the types of SAMHD1 and Vpx proteins. Howev ...