Jump to Main Content
- Bhatia, Arti, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Paddy and water environment 2016 v.14 no.2 pp. 325-333
- aerobic conditions; animal manures; biofertilizers; carbon dioxide; field experimentation; global warming; green manures; greenhouse gas emissions; methane; nitrogen; planting; rice; urea; vermicomposts; water conservation; wet season; India
- ... A field experiment was conducted during rainy seasons of 2009 and 2010 at New Delhi, India to study the influence of varieties and integrated nitrogen management (INM) on methane (CH₄) emission and water productivity under flooded transplanted (FT) and aerobic rice (AR) cultivation. The treatments included two rice (‘PB 1’ and ‘PB 1121’) varieties and eight INM practices including N control, recom ...
- Bhatia, Arti, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2007 v.131 no.1-3 pp. 451-465
- climate change; climate models; denitrification; emissions; farms; field experimentation; grain yield; grains; land use; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nitrous oxide; nutrients; soil; soil nutrient balance; temperature; volatilization; India
- ... Nitrogen is the most widely used fertilizer nutrient, and it is a universally deficient nutrient too, which often severely restricts the growth and yield of crops. To improve N fertilizer management, soil-plant system models can be applied to simulate adequate N supply for both, optimal crop growth and minimal N losses. The likely impact of climate change on the cereal production is of paramount i ...