Jump to Main Content
- Zeng, Hui, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of immunological methods 2011 v.369 no.1-2 pp. 115-124
- Influenza A virus; antibodies; antigens; birds; cross reaction; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; flow cytometry; humans; influenza; pandemic; proteins; synthetic peptides; vaccination; vaccines
- ... Matrix protein 2 (M2) of influenza A viruses is an attractive target for the development of broadly cross-protective influenza vaccines and therapeutic antibodies. The available evidence suggests that antibodies reactive to the natural tetrameric form of M2 proteins, rather than those to synthetic peptides of M2 ectodomain (M2e), best correlate with M2-mediated immune protection. However, the curr ...
- Zeng, Hui, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Vaccine 2011 v.29 no.27 pp. 4460-4468
- Influenza A virus; glycoproteins; hemagglutinins; immune response; immunization; in vitro studies; influenza; interferon-gamma; interleukin-4; mice; monitoring; monoclonal antibodies; neutralizing antibodies; splenocytes; vaccines; viruses
- ... While the current influenza vaccine strategy is dependent on eliciting neutralizing antibodies to the hemagglutinin (H or HA) surface glycoprotein, antigenic drifts and occasional antigenic shifts necessitate constant surveillance and annual updates to the vaccine components. The ectodomain of the matrix 2 (M2e) channel protein has been proposed as a universal vaccine candidate, although it has no ...