Jump to Main Content
- Neri, Diana, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Italian journal of food safety 2014 v.4 no.4
- Listeria monocytogenes; Yersinia enterocolitica; fermentation; food law; food safety; guidelines; ingredients; microorganisms; pork; ready-to-eat foods; recipes; risk factors; safety assessment; sausages; standard operating procedures; storage temperature; water activity; Italy
- ... Pork meat products consumed raw or after a short period of fermentation can be considered at risk for food safety. Sausages (fresh sausage made from pork meat) are produced in several Italian regions, with variation in ingredients. In some Italian Regions, including Abruzzo, these products are frequently consumed raw or undercooked, after a variable period of fermentation. The European Community f ...
- PubMed Central:
- Neri, Diana, et al. Show all 24 Authors
- Food control 2016 v.68 pp. 55-61
- European Union; Listeria monocytogenes; cooked foods; genetic similarity; meat products; monitoring; pastes; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; ready-to-eat foods; semisoft cheeses; shelf life; surveys; Italy
- ... In the framework of a European Union (EU) Coordinated Monitoring Programme, different types of ready-to eat (RTE) products, including soft and semi-soft cheese (n = 398) and cooked meat products (n = 403), were collected at retail in Italy and tested for detection and enumeration of Listeria monocytogenes. An Integrative Survey of 2696 samples, including soft and semi-soft cheese (n = 894) and coo ...