Jump to Main Content
- Hiroaki Itoh; Motoki Iwasaki; Yoshio Kasuga; Shiro Yokoyama; Hiroshi Onuma; Hideki Nishimura; Ritsu Kusama; Teruhiko Yoshida; Kazuhito Yokoyama; Shoichiro Tsugane
- Science of the total environment 2014 v.490 pp. 603-609
- DDT (pesticide); DNA; DNA methylation; HCH (pesticide); Japanese people; biomarkers; blood sampling; blood serum; breast neoplasms; case-control studies; cross-sectional studies; environmental exposure; gas chromatography; hexachlorobenzene; leukocytes; linear models; mass spectrometry; pollutants; polychlorinated biphenyls; regression analysis; risk; women; Japan
- ... While the global methylation level of leukocyte DNA may be a suitable biomarker for cancer risk, the level may be influenced by multiple factors, both environmental and host-related, one of which is exposure to environmental pollutants. To date, three epidemiologic studies have examined associations between serum organochlorine levels and global DNA methylation level, but their findings are not fu ...
- Akiko Nanri; Kengo Nakamoto; Nobuaki Sakamoto; Teppei Imai; Shamima Akter; Daisuke Nonaka; Tetsuya Mizoue
- Clinical nutrition 2017 v.36 pp. 1288-1293
- blood serum; business enterprises; case-control studies; confidence interval; human resources; influenza; odds ratio; protein binding; questionnaires; regression analysis; risk; vaccination; vitamin D; winter; Japan
- ... Several intervention studies have examined the effect of vitamin D supplementation on influenza or influenza-like illness, but their results have been inconsistent. We prospectively examined the association of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D with influenza among Japanese workers.We conducted a nested case-control study in a cohort of workers in 4 companies in the Kanto and Tokai areas of Japan. Physicia ...