Jump to Main Content
- Pintado, Maria M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food and bioproducts processing 2015 v.93 pp. 90-97
- Bifidobacterium animalis; Lactobacillus acidophilus; Lactobacillus paracasei; bile salts; food matrix; freezing; gastrointestinal system; microencapsulation; particle size; polymers; probiotics; storage time; viability
- ... Microencapsulation, utilizing different techniques and polymers, has been studied with the objective of maintaining probiotic viability in food matrices, protecting the cells from their detrimental environment, storage conditions and the passage of gastrointestinal tract (GIT). The main objective of this study was to assess the effect of freezing at −20°C upon probiotic alginate-calcium microparti ...
- Pintado, Maria M, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2013 v.93 no.6 pp. 1458-1465
- Bifidobacterium animalis; Lactobacillus acidophilus; Lactobacillus casei; lactic acid; liquid chromatography; metabolites; nutritive value; peptides; peptidyl-dipeptidase A; probiotics; ultrafiltration; whey cheeses
- ... BACKGROUND: Probiotic whey cheeses have been produced for several years. It is recognized that several bacterium‐mediated metabolic activities contribute differently to the final sensory and nutritional profiles of dairy products. Hence the metabolic activity of probiotic strains in a whey cheese and their contribution to the bioactivity of such matrices were investigated here, including in partic ...