Jump to Main Content
- Pintado, Maria M, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2013 v.93 no.6 pp. 1458-1465
- Bifidobacterium animalis; Lactobacillus acidophilus; Lactobacillus casei; lactic acid; liquid chromatography; metabolites; nutritive value; peptides; peptidyl-dipeptidase A; probiotics; ultrafiltration; whey cheeses
- ... BACKGROUND: Probiotic whey cheeses have been produced for several years. It is recognized that several bacterium‐mediated metabolic activities contribute differently to the final sensory and nutritional profiles of dairy products. Hence the metabolic activity of probiotic strains in a whey cheese and their contribution to the bioactivity of such matrices were investigated here, including in partic ...
- Pintado, Maria M., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2012 v.47 no.2 pp. 416-421
- Bifidobacterium animalis; Lactobacillus casei; heat tolerance; microencapsulation; pH; probiotics; sodium chloride; survival rate; viability
- ... The effect of microencapsulation on the viability of Lactobacillus casei, L. paracasei, L.Â acidophilus Ki and Bifidobacterium animalis BBâ12 during exposure to lethal conditions (25% NaCl, pH 3.0 and 55â60âÂ°C) was evaluated. Results demonstrated that survival of probiotic strains to the imposed lethal stress conditions was strain dependent. With the exception of exposure to 25% (w/v) NaCl, ...
- PINTADO, MARIA M., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- International journal of dairy technology 2011 v.64 no.1 pp. 137-144
- Bifidobacterium; Lactobacillus acidophilus; Lactobacillus casei; bacteria; cellulose acetate; chitosan; polymers; probiotics; viability; xanthan gum
- ... The viability of probiotic bacteria in six food-grade polymers, at two concentrations, was evaluated in order to predict their feasibility as materials for bacterium immobilisation. Alginate and whey proteins were the most adequate polymers, except for Lactobacillus acidophilus Ki and Lactobacillus casei 01 at 2% (m/v) alginate. Xanthan gum appeared to be a potential vector for three strains. L-ca ...