Jump to Main Content
- Pintado, Maria M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food and bioproducts processing 2015 v.93 pp. 90-97
- Bifidobacterium animalis; Lactobacillus acidophilus; Lactobacillus paracasei; bile salts; food matrix; freezing; gastrointestinal system; microencapsulation; particle size; polymers; probiotics; storage time; viability
- ... Microencapsulation, utilizing different techniques and polymers, has been studied with the objective of maintaining probiotic viability in food matrices, protecting the cells from their detrimental environment, storage conditions and the passage of gastrointestinal tract (GIT). The main objective of this study was to assess the effect of freezing at −20°C upon probiotic alginate-calcium microparti ...
- Pintado, Maria M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food and bioprocess technology 2012 v.5 no.7 pp. 2748-2757
- Lactobacillus paracasei; bacteria; citric acid; coatings; formic acid; fructose; glucose; hosts; ingredients; microencapsulation; orange juice; pH; probiotics; viability
- ... The main objective of this research effort was to study whether microencapsulation could be a viable alternative to obtain probiotic orange or peach juices. In order to be considered probiotic food, probiotic bacteria must be present in sufficient viable numbers to promote a benefit to the host. The survival and viability of Lactobacillus paracasei L26 in juices over 50 days of storage at 5°C was ...