Jump to Main Content
- Miceli, Alessandro, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Annals of microbiology 2019 v.69 no.3 pp. 185-199
- Listeria monocytogenes; animal pathogens; decontamination; environmental factors; food contamination; food pathogens; foodborne illness; humans; hydroponics; listeriosis; mechanical harvesting; protective effect; raw vegetables; soil; vegetable growing; vegetables
- ... Interest in fresh vegetables is on the increase due to their protective effects against several diseases. Listeria monocytogenes is a human pathogen easily found in vegetables. The purpose of this review article is to analyse the influence of the agricultural practices applied in pre-harvest, the environmental biotic and abiotic factors characterising the cultivation field, as well as the handling ...
- Miceli, Alessandro, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food control 2014 v.40 pp. 157-164
- Borago officinalis; Brassica juncea; Cronobacter sakazakii; Enterobacter amnigenus; Enterobacter cloacae; Enterobacter hormaechei; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella enterica; Staphylococcus aureus; aldehydes; ambient temperature; antibacterial properties; bacteria; cytotoxicity; erythrocytes; esters; fish; food composition; foodborne illness; gas chromatography; hydrocarbons; in vitro studies; ketones; leaves; mass spectrometry; meat; minimum inhibitory concentration; model food systems; odors; paper; phenol; plant extracts; sheep; vegetables; volatile organic compounds
- ... The present study was undertaken to characterize the antibacterial activity of the aqueous extracts (AEs) obtained from the leaves of Borago officinalis L. and Brassica juncea L. The antagonistic activity was evaluated against several bacteria (42 strains of Listeria monocytogenes, 35 strains of Staphylococcus aureus, 38 strains of Enterobacter spp. and 18 strains of Salmonella enterica) commonly ...