Jump to Main Content
- Latney, La’Toya V., et al. Show all 2 Author
- The veterinary clinics of North America 2013 v.16 no.2 pp. 283-301
- Aeromonas; Ambystoma tigrinum virus; Bohle iridovirus; Chlamydophila; Citrobacter freundii; Frog virus 3; Lithobates catesbeianus; Mycobacterium; Ochrobactrum anthropi; Rana esculenta; Rana grylio virus; Spirometra; biosecurity; emerging diseases; epidemiology; parasitoses; pathogenesis; pathogens; viruses
- ... This review summarizes the most recent updates on emerging infectious diseases of amphibia. A brief summary of Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis history, epidemiology, pathogenesis, life cycle, diagnosis, treatment, and biosecurity is provided. Ambystoma tigrinum virus, common midwife toad virus, frog virus 3, Rana grylio virus, Rana catesbeiana ranavirus, Mahaffey Road virus, Rana esculenta virus, B ...
- Latney, La'Toya V., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of zoo and wildlife medicine 2015 v.46 no.4 pp. 941-944
- Lithobates catesbeianus; amphibians; amputation; biopsy; carpus; fungi; histopathology; males; neoplasm cells; resection; squamous cell carcinoma
- ... A 7-yr-old male captive American bullfrog (Lithobates catesbeianus) presented with a 2-wk history of an enlarged, ulcerated nuptial pad on the mediopalmar surface of the first digit of the left carpus. A 3-mm wedge biopsy of the mass was not diagnostic and differentials included an epidermal inclusion cyst or squamous cell carcinoma. No fungal or acid-fast organisms were cultured or noted on impre ...