Jump to Main Content
- Wiszniewsky, Anna; Ritter, Manuel; Krupp, Vanessa; Schulz, Sandy; Arndts, Kathrin; Weighardt, Heike; Wanji, Samuel; Hoerauf, Achim; Layland, Laura E.
- Parasitology research 2019 v.118 no.2 pp. 539-549
- thoracic cavity, etc ; Bancroftian filariasis; Brugia malayi; CD8-positive T-lymphocytes; Litomosoides sigmodontis; Wuchereria bancrofti; cytokines; eosinophils; immune response; in vitro studies; macrophages; male genitalia; mice; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Worldwide approximately 68 million people are infected with lymphatic filariasis (Lf), provoked by Wuchereria bancrofti, Brugia malayi and Brugia timori. This disease can lead to massive swelling of the limbs (elephantiasis) and disfigurement of the male genitalia (hydrocele). Filarial induced immune regulation is characterised by dominant type 2 helper T cell and regulatory immune responses. In v ...
- Ritter, Manuel; Tamadaho, Ruth S.; Feid, Judith; Vogel, Wenzel; Wiszniewsky, Katharina; Perner, Sven; Hoerauf, Achim; Layland, Laura E.
- International journal for parasitology 2017 v.47 no.14 pp. 951-960
- thoracic cavity, etc ; CD4-positive T-lymphocytes; Litomosoides sigmodontis; animal models; antigens; chemokine CCL3; chemokine CCL4; chemokine CCL5; coculture; diaphragm; immune response; inflammation; interleukin-10; interleukin-13; interleukin-17; interleukin-5; lymph nodes; mice; microfilariae; onchocerciasis; parasites; secretion; vaccines; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Approximately 100 million people suffer from filarial diseases including lymphatic filariasis (elephantiasis), onchocerciasis (river blindness) and loiasis. These diseases are amongst the most devastating of the neglected tropical diseases in terms of social and economic impact. Moreover, many infection-induced immune mechanisms in the host, their relationship to disease-related symptoms and the d ...