Jump to Main Content
- Kiss, G.; Radvanyi, S.Z.; Szigeti, G.; Lukats, B.; Nagy, G.
- Journal of small animal practice 1997 v.38 no.2 pp. 57-60
- otitis externa, etc ; Staphylococcus intermedius; dogs; combination drug therapy; Bacillus (bacteria); Malassezia pachydermatis; ketoconazole; anti-inflammatory agents; Pseudomonas; gentamicin; Show all 10 Subjects
- B. Moulari; Y. Pellequer; J. -P. Chaumont; Y. C. Guillaume; J. Millet
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2007 v.55 no.1 pp. 97-105
- otitis externa, etc ; Harungana madagascariensis; Malassezia pachydermatis; Pseudomonas; Staphylococcus intermedius; alkaloids; anti-infective agents; anti-infective properties; bacteria; bioassays; cats; dogs; ethyl acetate; flavonoids; leaf extracts; minimum inhibitory concentration; saponins; spectral analysis; tannins; yeasts; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Otitis externa in dogs and cats is always caused by a combination of yeasts and bacteria, among which the most important are Malassezia pachydermatis, Staphylococcus intermedius and Pseudomonas species. These organisms often develop resistance to classical antimicrobial agents. Therefore, the aim of this study was to investigate the antimicrobial activities of an ethyl acetate leaf ...
- Swinney, Alison; Fazakerley, Jennifer; McEwan, Neil; Nuttall, Tim
- Veterinary dermatology 2008 v.19 no.6 pp. 373-379
- otitis externa, etc ; etiology; veterinary drugs; Staphylococcus intermedius; in vitro culture; bacterial colonization; antibiotics; dog diseases; dogs; drug evaluation; Malassezia pachydermatis; drug formulations; in vitro studies; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; bacterial infections; topical application; antibacterial properties; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to compare the antimicrobial efficacy of ear cleaners against Staphylococcus intermedius, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Malassezia pachydermatis. Single isolates of each organism were incubated in duplicate at 38 °C for 30 min with each ear cleaner diluted 1/2 to1/256 in phosphate-buffered saline. Positive and negative controls were included. Aliquots were then incubated for ...