Jump to Main Content
- Li, Houhua, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Horticultural plant journal 2019 v.5 no.4 pp. 155-163
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Malus; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apples; colorectal neoplasms; esophageal neoplasms; fruit extracts; fruits; functional foods; healthy diet; horticultural crops; inhibitory concentration 50; neoplasm cells; polyphenols; stomach neoplasms
- ... To explore the potential of crabapples as functional food, polyphenols in crabapples and ‘Fuji’ apples were extracted, and the phenolic profile, total polyphenols, antioxidant activity and anti-proliferative activity against several human cancer cells were determined. The results indicated that crabapple extracts have more abundant phenols and higher total polyphenols (from 4.46 to 46.63 mg GAE·g− ...
- Li, Houhua, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Planta 2009 v.229 no.3 pp. 681-692
- Malus; apples; biosynthesis; cultivars; enzymes; epicatechin; genetic engineering; leaves; metabolites; phenotype; polyphenols; transcription factors; transgenic plants; viability
- ... We have investigated the consequences of blocking anthocyanin biosynthesis by silencing a key enzyme, anthocyanidin synthase, in transgenic plants of a red-leaved apple cultivar. This is complementary to a previous study of induction of anthocyanin biosynthesis by overexpressing a heterologous transcription factor. Analysis of these opposite phenotypes allows one to study anthocyanin functions in ...