Jump to Main Content
- Kannan, Srimathi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Public health nutrition 2014 v.17 no.9 pp. 1960-1970
- African Americans; Hispanics; Whites; antioxidants; betaine; body mass index; children; choline; data analysis; data collection; dietary supplements; education; environmental exposure; ethnic differences; folic acid; food security; iron; magnesium; niacin; nutrients; nutritional intervention; pregnant women; pyridoxine; regression analysis; sociodemographic characteristics; sodium; vitamin D; vitamin E; Massachusetts
- ... To assess sociodemographic correlates of micronutrient intakes from food and dietary supplements in an urban, ethnically diverse sample of pregnant women in the USA. Cross-sectional analyses of data collected using a validated semi-quantitative FFQ. Associations between racial, ethnic and sociodemographic factors and micronutrient intakes were examined using logistic regression controlling for pre ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kannan, Srimathi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2011 v.43 no.3 pp. 205-206
- fruits; nutrition education; preschool children; raw fruit; recipes; smell; taste; Massachusetts
- ... FruitZotic incorporated fruit stories (exotic-fruits-literacy), a ''See, Smell, Hear, Touch and Taste'' (sensory) segment and a question-prompted discussion. Three take-home components incorporating the exotic fruits were: Coloring Activity, Recipes, and Fact Sheets. Sensory based nutrition education can increase familiarity with exotic fruits among preschool children from underserved communities. ...