Jump to Main Content
- Adele Fabbrocini; Fausto Silvestri; Valentina Vitiello; Sergio Pelosi; Giovanni Sansone; Raffaele D'Adamo
- Aquaculture 2020 v.528 pp. 735604
- European Union; Pagellus erythrinus; animal models; aquatic organisms; assisted reproductive technologies; biomarkers; biotechnology; cell viability; cooling; cryopreservation; fish culture; freezing; germplasm; hatcheries; head; liquid nitrogen; natural selection; semen; sperm motility; spermatozoa; thawing; Mediterranean region
- ... The implementation of gamete cryobanking in aquaculture may improve hatchery practices such as assisted reproduction and genetic selection of desired strains. This paper preliminarily investigated the technical feasibility of cryobanking semen of the common pandora Pagellus erythrinus, an important fishery resource in the Mediterranean area and a promising species for the diversification of produc ...
- Sofiene Tlili; Catherine Mouneyrac
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 995-1007
- aquatic organisms; beaches; bioaccumulation; biomarkers; clams; drugs; ecotoxicology; environmental assessment; environmental monitoring; global change; indicator species; marine ecosystems; nanoplastics; physiology; surveys; Mediterranean region
- ... The wedge clam Donax trunculus is commonly used in environmental monitoring studies as sentinel species for the biomonitoring of sandy beaches in Mediterranean areas. Taking in account the combined effects of chemical stressors and global changes in marine organisms, research efforts in ecotoxicology should be up-to-date for a more relevant and integrative monitoring studies. In the same context, ...