Jump to Main Content
- Nabais, C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2007 v.37 no.10 pp. 1915-1923
- Quercus ilex; growth rings; width; trees; tree growth; seasonal variation; drought; dendrochronology; Mediterranean climate; dendroclimatology; Spain; Mediterranean region
- ... The influence of climatic factors on tree-ring width and the formation of double rings was studied in Quercus ilex L. growing in a coppice stand left unmanaged for 22 years. Ten trees were felled and discs were taken every 30 cm from bole and dominant branches. Dendrometer bands were installed on 10 nearby trees and the data recorded were used to confirm the accuracy of our tree-ring identificatio ...
- Nabais, C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2009 v.39 no.12 pp. 2486–2493
- Quercus ilex; dendrochronology; growth rings; forest trees; climate change; temporal variation; dendroclimatology; Mediterranean region
- ... Holm oak (Quercus ilex L.) is a long-lived species widely distributed across the Mediterranean Basin, with potential value for dendrochronology and dendroclimatology. However, tree-ring dating in Q. ilex is a complex task that has limited the number of dendrochronological studies using this evergreen species. In the present work, it was investigated if old Q. ilex trees showed annual tree rings an ...