Jump to Main Content
- MOHYUDDIN, A.I.
- Entomologia experimentalis et applicata 1973 v. no. pp. 201-212
- Calystegia sepium; Chelymorpha cassidea; Deloyala guttata; Metriona bicolor; Monodactylus; host preferences; insects; moieties; tropane alkaloids; Ontario
- ... The chemical basis of host selection in stenophagous insects, Oidaematophorus monodactylus, Metriona bicolor, Deloyala guttata and Chelymorpha cassidea was studied. A compound with the molecular formula C₅H₃NO₄, isolated from a water extract of Calystegia sepium, acted as a recognition factor for O. monodactylus and D. guttata but not for M. bicolor and C. cassidea, indicating that insects feeding ...
- Mark D. Rausher; Keisuke Iwao; Ellen L. Simms; Naota Ohsaki; David Hall
- Ecology 1993 v.74 no.1 pp. 20-29
- Chaetocnema confinis; Deloyala guttata; Ipomoea purpurea; Metriona bicolor; Spodoptera eridania; herbivores; induced resistance; insects; larvae; leaves
- ... A series of experiments indicate that induced changes occur in the foliage of the annual morning glory Ipomopea purpurea when subjected to prior damage. These changes reduce the growth rate, consumption rate, growth efficiency of larvae of the generalist lepidopteran Spodoptera eridania. They also alter the pattern of damage caused by specialist flea beetles, Chaetocnema confinis, and by generalis ...