Jump to Main Content
- Geissen, V., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Applied soil ecology 2006 v.31 no.1-2 pp. 169-178
- pastures; tropical forests; tropical soils; soil fertility; land use; earthworms; plant litter; biodegradation; soil chemical properties; soil physical properties; Mexico
- Geissen, V., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2010 v.260 no.5 pp. 618-627
- environmental models; canopy; fuzzy logic; tropics; sustainable forestry; risk factors; validity; forest management; deforestation; reference standards; tree damage; Mexico
- ... Despite the ecological and economical importance of tropical forests they are currently affected by human activities, mainly through deforestation and selective extraction. With the aim of making an opportune diagnosis of the condition of forests, we developed an ecological index based on qualitative and semi-quantitative data, allowing a quick diagnosis in order to manage and conserve tropical fo ...