Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Huan; Carter, Kimberly E.
- Journal of environmental management 2016 v.170 pp. 152-159
- Wyoming, etc ; freshwater; hydraulic fracturing; natural gas; oils; recycling; shale; wastewater; water utilization; wells; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Kansas; Louisiana; Montana; New Mexico; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Pennsylvania; Texas; West Virginia; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Hydraulic fracturing has promoted the exploitation of shale oil and natural gas in the United States (U.S.). However, the large amounts of water used in hydraulic fracturing may constrain oil and natural gas production in the shale plays. This study surveyed the amounts of freshwater and recycled produced water used to fracture wells from 2008 to 2014 in Arkansas, California, Colorado, Kansas, Lou ...
- Hao, Guangcun; Zhuang, Qianlai; Pan, Jianjun; Jin, Zhenong; Zhu, Xudong; Liu, Shaoqing
- Climatic change 2014 v.126 no.1-2 pp. 135-150
- Wyoming, etc ; air temperature; coasts; cooling; global warming; models; shrublands; soil temperature; soil thermal properties; summer; terrestrial ecosystems; winter; Alabama; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Florida; Georgia; Idaho; Mississippi; Montana; Nevada; North Dakota; Oklahoma; Oregon; South Dakota; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... The spatiotemporal distribution characteristics of soil temperature are a significant, but seldom described signal of climate warming. This study examines the spatiotemporal trends in soil temperature at depths of 10, 20, and 50 cm in the conterminous US during 1948–2008. We find a warming trend of between 0.2 and 0.4 °C at all depths from 1948 to 2008. The lowest soil temperatures are in Colorado ...
- Feist, L.J.; Parker, D.R.
- New phytologist 2001 v.149 no.1 pp. 61-69
- Wyoming, etc ; ecotypes; selenium; genetic variation; sulfur; seeds; sulfates; shoots; mineral content; Brassica juncea; seedlings; bioremediation; application rate; chemical constituents of plants; California; Montana; North Dakota; Colorado; Utah; Nevada; Show all 20 Subjects