Jump to Main Content
- Cheatham, S. Christian, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of antimicrobial agents 2013 v.41 no.1 pp. 52-56
- Monte Carlo method; beta-lactamase; blood; body mass index; demographic statistics; drugs; patients; pharmacokinetics; piperacillin; probability; therapeutics
- ... The study objective was to evaluate steady-state pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of piperacillin and tazobactam administered by prolonged infusion in obese patients. Fourteen hospitalised patients weighing >120kg received piperacillin/tazobactam 4.5g every 8h (q8h) or 6.75g q8h infused over 4h. Blood samples were collected at steady-state and drug concentrations were determined. Pharmacokine ...
- Cheatham, S. Christian, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- International journal of antimicrobial agents 2011 v.37 no.1 pp. 46-50
- Monte Carlo method; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; anti-infective agents; blood serum; drug therapy; half life; minimum inhibitory concentration; pathogens; patients; pharmacokinetics; probability; United States
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the steady-state pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of cefepime administered by prolonged infusion in hospitalised patients requiring antimicrobial therapy. Nine patients received 1g every 8h (q8h), infused over 4h, and steady-state pharmacokinetic parameters were determined by non-compartmental and compartmental methods. Using these pharmacokinetic p ...