Jump to Main Content
- Canto-Canché, Blondy, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Electronic Journal of Biotechnology 2014 v.17 pp. 137-147
- germplasm; biosynthesis; fruits; haplotypes; ancestry; DNA; phylogeny; starch; Musa; biotechnology; glucose-1-phosphate adenylyltransferase; amino acids; exons; bananas; genetic markers; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase (AGPase) is a rate-limiting enzyme catalyzing the first step in the starch biosynthesis pathway in higher plants. To date, there are no reported variants or isoforms of the AGPase enzyme in bananas (Musa spp. family Musaceae) as is the case of other plants. In this study, genomic DNA sequences homologous to the gene encoding one of the large subunits of the enzyme wer ...
- Canto-Canché, Blondy, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Molecular genetics and genomics 2007 v.278 no.4 pp. 443-453
- Musa; bananas; clones; disease resistance; genes; pathogens; phylogeny; protein-serine-threonine kinases; sequence alignment; tomatoes
- ... The tomato Pto gene encodes a serine/threonine kinase (STK) whose molecular characterization has provided valuable insights into the disease resistance mechanism of tomato and it is considered as a promising candidate for engineering broad-spectrum pathogen resistance in this crop. In this study, a pair of degenerate primers based on conserved subdomains of plant STKs similar to the tomato Pto pro ...