Jump to Main Content
- CANTO-CANCHÉ, BLONDY B., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Molecular plant pathology 2007 v.8 no.1 pp. 111-120
- Mycosphaerella graminicola; loci; evolution; DNA primers; DNA; polymerase chain reaction; foliar diseases; Mycosphaerella fijiensis; bananas; introns
- ... Idiomorphs mat1-1 and mat1-2 from Mycosphaerella fijiensis, the causal agent of black leaf streak disease of banana, were isolated. Degenerate oligos were used to amplify the HMG box of the mat1-2 idiomorph from M. fijiensis, showing homology with the HMG box of Mycosphaerella graminicola. Using a DNA walking strategy, anchored on the DNA lyase gene towards the HMG box, a 9-kb-long region of mat1- ...
- Canto-Canché, Blondy, et al. Show all 58 Authors
- Leptosphaeria nodorum; Mycosphaerella graminicola; ancestry; carbohydrates; cell walls; chromosomes; crop yield; disease control; enzymes; food production; genes; genetic background; hosts; latent period; nucleotide sequences; pathogenesis; pathogenicity; plant pathogenic fungi; progeny; protein degradation; resistance mechanisms; wheat
- ... The plant-pathogenic fungus Mycosphaerella graminicola (asexual stage: Septoria tritici) causes septoria tritici blotch, a disease that greatly reduces the yield and quality of wheat. This disease is economically important in most wheat-growing areas worldwide and threatens global food production. Control of the disease has been hampered by a limited understanding of the genetic and biochemical ba ...
- PubMed Central: