Jump to Main Content
- Zwart, K.B., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Catena 2013 v.101 pp. 50-55
- agricultural land; bulk density; carbon sequestration; earthworms; environmental protection; heathlands; microbial activity; sandy soils; soil biological properties; soil quality; soil structure; topsoil; Netherlands
- ... We studied the effect of topsoil removal, a nature management technique used in The Netherlands and other countries in North Europe to restore heathland vegetation. Sandy soils under original heathland vegetation were compared with sites that were transformed to farmland in 1950 and sites where after the transformation topsoil removal took place in the 1990s. All soils were sandy and acidic. Topso ...
- Zwart, K.B., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Nutrient cycling in agroecosystems 2005 v.72 no.1 pp. 13-25
- greenhouse gases; sandy soils; agricultural soils; soil temperature; isotope labeling; gas emissions; groundwater; stable isotopes; drainage water; subsoil; losses from soil; drainage; calcium nitrate; soil water content; leaching; biological activity in soil; ammonium chloride; nitrous oxide; air pollution; Netherlands