Jump to Main Content
- Nyberg, Elisabeth; Faxneld, Suzanne; Danielsson, Sara; Eriksson, Ulla; Miller, Aroha; Bignert, Anders
- Ambio 2015 v.44 no.Supplement 3 pp. 484-497
- North Sea, etc ; Clupea harengus; DDE (pesticide); DDT (pesticide); Gadus morhua; HCH (pesticide); Mytilus edulis; Perca fluviatilis; Uria aalge; Zoarces viviparus; adverse effects; cod (fish); eggs; herring; hexachlorobenzene; monitoring; perch; polychlorinated biphenyls; Baltic Sea; Sweden; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... In the 1960s, the Baltic Sea was severely polluted by organic contaminants such as PCBs, HCHs, HCB, and DDTs. Elevated concentrations caused severe adverse effects in Baltic biota. Since then, these substances have been monitored temporally and spatially in Baltic biota, primarily in herring (Clupea harengus) and in guillemot (Uria aalge) egg, but also in cod (Gadus morhua), perch (Perca fluviatil ...
- PubMed Central:
- Mai, Carolin; Theobald, Norbert; Hühnerfuss, Heinrich; Lammel, Gerhard
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.23 pp. 23648-23661
- North Sea, etc ; DDT (pesticide); HCH (pesticide); air; atmospheric deposition; coasts; dieldrin; hexachlorobenzene; lindane; metabolites; molecular weight; pollution; polychlorinated biphenyls; seawater; spring; summer; surface water; England; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Organochlorine pesticides (OCPs) and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) were studied to determine occurrence, levels and spatial distribution in the marine atmosphere and surface seawater during cruises in the German Bight and the wider North Sea in spring and summer 2009–2010. In general, the concentrations found in air are similar to, or below, the levels at coastal or near-coastal sites in Europe ...
- PubMed Central: