Jump to Main Content
- Nourollahi-Fard, Saeid Reza
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2008 v.56 no.2 pp. 197-206
- Cryptobia, etc ; Aeromonas salmonicida; Oncorhynchus mykiss; anemia; antibody formation; body weight; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fish; food deprivation; neutrophils; nitroblue tetrazolium; parasitemia; parasites; satiety; vaccination; vaccines; virulence; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The aims of the present study were to determine (a) the effectiveness of an attenuated live Cryptobia salmositica vaccine; (b) the effects of food deprivation on the immune response and its duration in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) immunised with a live C. salmositica vaccine or with a killed Aeromonas salmonicida vaccine. The fish were divided into three groups ( ...
- Currie, Jaime L. M.; Woo, Patrick T. K.
- Parasitology research 2007 v.101 no.4 pp. 1057-1067
- Cryptobia, etc ; Oncorhynchus mykiss; anemia; eggs; females; heat inactivation; males; mortality; parasitemia; parasites; pathogens; spawning; trout; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Sexually mature rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss, were highly susceptible to cryptobiosis caused by Cryptobia salmositica. Spawning female trout were more susceptible (higher parasitaemia and mortality) than sexually mature males. Most infected female trout (seven of nine) with eggs died before or shortly after spawning; however, none of the nine infected sexually matured males or the uninfected ...