Jump to Main Content
- Saravanan, Subramanian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Comparative biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.230 pp. 91-99
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; carbohydrates; cathepsin D; dietary carbohydrate; digestible energy; digestible protein; energy; fish; hyperplasia; hypertrophy; juveniles; messenger RNA; muscle fibers; muscles; myoblasts; myosin heavy chains; myosin light chains; myostatin; proliferating cell nuclear antigen; protein content
- ... This study investigates muscle growth mechanisms in juvenile rainbow trout in response to isoenergetic changes in dietary non-protein energy (NPE) source (F, fat vs. C, carbohydrates) at two levels of digestible protein to digestible energy (DP/DE) ratio. Fish (initial weight 32.4 g) were fed four diets having similar DE levels (~18 kJ g−1) with a high (HP/E~26 mg kJ−1) vs. low (LP/E~14 mg kJ−1) D ...
- Saravanan, Subramanian, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Physiology & behavior 2012 v.106 no.4 pp. 499-505
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; aerobiosis; amphetamine; citrate (si)-synthase; cocaine; corn starch; cytochrome-c oxidase; digestible energy; energy intake; food intake; gelatinization; gene expression; glucokinase; glucose; hypothalamus; messenger RNA; models; neuropeptide Y; oxidative phosphorylation; starch; trout
- ... This study examines how dietary macronutrient-induced changes in voluntary food intake (FI) relate to changes in markers of hepatic oxidative metabolism and in the expression of FI regulatory neuropeptides in a teleost model, the rainbow trout. Rainbow trout were fed for 6weeks with one of four iso-energetic diets (2×2 factorial design), containing either a high (HP, ~500g·kg⁻¹DM) or a low (LP, ~2 ...