Jump to Main Content
- Hashempur, Mohammad Hashem, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2018 v.37 no.1 pp. 85-90
- Camellia sinensis; adults; adverse effects; clinical trials; diclofenac; dietary supplements; drug formulations; functional foods; green tea; osteoarthritis; pain; patients; questionnaires; Ontario
- ... Green tea is known as a dietary supplement and a novel functional food worldwide. Since there are increasing preclinical evidence about efficacy of green tea for treating osteoarthritis, this study has aimed at assessing its efficacy and safety for patients with knee osteoarthritis.This is a randomized open-label active-controlled clinical trial. As many as fifty adults with osteoarthritis of knee ...
- Hashempur, Mohammad Hashem, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2016 v.188 pp. 80-86
- Sambucus ebulus; adverse effects; clinical trials; diclofenac; gels; osteoarthritis; pain; patients; questionnaires; traditional medicine; universities; Ontario
- ... Sambucus ebulus L. (S. ebulus) has had long-standing application in Traditional Persian Medicine for joint pain and for a variety of bone and joint disorders. According to traditional use of S. ebulus and its relevant pharmacologic properties, this study was designed to evaluate the efficacy and short-term safety of topical use of S. ebulus in patients with knee osteoarthritis (OA).Seventy nine pa ...