Jump to Main Content
- Zhelifonova, V. P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Microbiology 2015 v.84 no.3 pp. 365-369
- Penicillium citrinum; carbon; ergot alkaloids; fungi; secondary metabolites; sodium chloride; temperature
- ... Medium composition, cultivation temperature, and pO₂ had a regulatory effect on production of ergot alkaloids (EA) and quinocitrinines (QC) by the fungal strain Penicillium citrinum VKM F-4043 D. Maximal accumulation of EA and QC occurred at 24 and 28°C, respectively. Maximal EA synthesis occurred at 40% pO₂, while at 10–20% the conditions were optimal for QC synthesis. Production of these metabol ...
- Zhelifonova, V. P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and microbiology 2010 v.46 no.5 pp. 525-529
- Penicillium citrinum; additives; biosynthesis; carbon; copper; enzymes; ergot alkaloids; fungi; growth retardation; ions; iron; mannitol; microbial growth; nitrogen; physiological state; quinoline alkaloids; secondary metabolites; sucrose; urea; zinc
- ... The fungus P. citrinum produces secondary metabolites, clavinet ergot alkaloids (EA), and quinoline alkaloids (quinocitrinines, QA) in medium with various carbon and nitrogen sources and in the presence of iron, copper, and zinc additives. Mannitol and sucrose are most favorable for EA biosynthesis and mannitol is most favorable for QA. Maximum alkaloid production is observed on urea. Iron and cop ...